Wednesday, August 12, 2009

First Post


Hey guys, I joined almost a year ago following a friend that moved to Tokyo. I have been bad at updating this and posting but promise to do so soon. In the mean time here is a little bit about me :)........I’m Morika bka Rika aka Elle Diaz (tu mamasota) and now dubbed “Your Mid-Day Darling Rika” on a new internet radio station called the IRN! I’m outgoing, funny, beautiful, intelligent, and driven. I was born and raised in Southeast Texas. I have always been very humorous around family, friends, and strangers. Actually I should say I never meet a stranger, I’m a talker and always have been! I’ve been told countless times that I’m easy to fall in love with as a person. If I get the feeling you don’t like me or I don’t like you haha, I tend to not talk as much or use limitations in communicating with ya. But I tend to give people second chances (at least, lol). I also have the ability to make people laugh and smile. I’m an excellent writer. I have written poems, short stories, songs and several other works. I’m an artist too and love displaying my work in my bedroom. I also have the strong gift of moving people with my dramatic acting and public speaking. I gave my first public speech at the age of 4 in front of a crowd of over 3,000. Haven’t shut up since! I also began acting in Dramas around the same time. I have extensive experience in public speaking including hosting and emceeing different occasions. I have won acting awards on stage and have a wide range of acting talents. People assumed I would pursue acting and theater after high school. However, I thought more on a realistic line and wanted to pursue accounting and law. I was one of those rare folks that could do well with people and numbers. I was a good high school student graduating in top of my class without even studying. Unfortunately college is a different story it’s all about studying, many people with high IQ’s fail and some with mediocre ones succeed because of studying. I mostly partied and enjoyed the life away from home and didn’t focus on studies as I should. Got home sick after awhile and moved home after 2 years in the great city of Austin attending the University of Texas at Austin. I eventually ended up in commercial/corporate real estate in Houston. I loved it and it was good money. But something else was calling my name something beyond the corporate world. I decided to return to school and pursue more of the things in media I have always been interested in. I’ve been promoting http://www.buddytv.com since January 2006. It gave me the push to try some other things. Actually with the encouragement of my boss at the job I was walking away from I pursued radio. I started working with “The Roula & Ryan Show” at 104.1 KRBE in January 2007. In May I made my stay a little more permanent and ventured into production and voice over work. I’m still there. I branched out and also now work for KSHN 99.9 FM as an on air personality and announcer on a part time basis. I recently started hosting my own mid day internet radio show at a new internet radio station called the IRN- http://www.irnradioonline.com and also serve as Program Director. I’m enjoying life and working on some more great things to follow. It’s funny when I run into people I haven’t seen in awhile and tell them what I’m doing in radio and they say “oh yeah I definitely see you doing something like that, you have the gifts and talents for that.” Well I am looking for bigger and better things and working on some projects right now. Took me a few years to wake up and see where I needed to be and I’m finally enjoying what I do. Been through some things along the way but looking only to the future at this point!


No comments: